Ladies Who Launch is a day full of knowledge sharing, community building, and understanding that you don’t have to do this alone. Find the support needed to continue development with the guidance of a SCORE Fox Valley mentor. Come early to take advantage of the marketplace. Soak up expertise, and laugh a little, from speakers.
Ladies who Launch Conference Schedule
8:30am – 10:00am
The Ladies Who Launch marketplace is an opportunity to meet vendors focused on women-owned businesses, network, and have your complimentary headshot taken (reserve a time slot when purchasing conference tickets). High Resolution Digital Headshots sponsored by The byDesign Network.
Keynote Speaker: Rebecca Fyffe, SBA 2018 Business Person of the Year
“The Nature of Business”
Urban Wildlife Manager, and National Small Business Person of the Year, Rebecca Fyffe applies archetypes from nature to illustrate the lessons she learned while founding and growing successful companies.
Participants will gain a diverse perspective on what it takes to succeed by engaging, educating, motivating and inspiring one another in a robust discussion led by a subject matter expert. These breakout session knowledge exchange helps people accomplish goals more efficiently and effectively. Choose one of the topics from the drop-down tab on the registration form.
- Business Ideation (Strategic Management),
- Bea Reyes, New York Life
- Legal Tips for Small Business Owners (Legal/Risk Management)
- Nancy Fallon-Houle, Velocity Law, LLC
- Networking Effectively to Reach your Goals (Networking)
- Michele Smith, Z&B Consulting, Inc.
- Ethics (HR/Strategic Management)
- Brandon Hendrix, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Financial Analysis and Concept Feasibility (Finance/Accounting Management)
- Ute Westphal, SBDC at the College of DuPage
- Leveraging your Marketing Spend with Strategic Efforts Tailored to your Ideal Customers (Marketing)
- Alexis Rago, Marketing Mana LLC
- Planning Your Trajectory: Business Plan Development (Strategic Management)
- Robyn McBroom, McBroom’s Cleaning Services & Marti Barton, Joyful Promises Officiant Services, a Division of WordCrafters, Inc.
- Identify Potential Funding Options (Financial Management)
- Sara Troyer, SBDC at the College of DuPage
Luncheon & Featured Speaker – Beth Shapiro SCORE VP, Diversity and Inclusion
Women – Our Lives, Our Challenges
In this presentation we will discuss our roles as women in business, in the home and in society. We will talk about identifying values, demystify “Having it All” and setting priorities. Participants will work to look inside themselves and walk away with a plan going forward. Be prepared to be challenged!
Featured Speakers: Karen Bartuch, Tammy Higgins, and Brandon Hendrix
How Funny is Your Business?
Featuring creativity experts Karen Bartuch, Tammy Higgins, and Brandon Hendrix who are researchers and have been studying humor in the workplace, or what they call “Funny Business”. In this informative and fun session, the group will walk thru the science behind humor, the benefits of humor in business and practical tips on how to deploy humor. Luckily, you don’t need to be a comedian or have any special skills to get started! The group presented on humor at TEDx in May 2018.
3:00 - 4:00 pm
Join the Inaugural SCORE Fox Valley Ladies Who Launch conference. Get tickets today and embrace entrepreneurship with confidence.